Fourth of July Fireworks Centerpiece
Have the kids make this Fourth of July Fireworks Centerpiece to decorate your family BBQ table. Fireworks, hot dogs and potato salad have been a July 4th staple for years and this year the kids can get safely involved making this fun craft. Whether you are having a few friends or just the immediate family this centerpiece will be a hit.
A year after the United States of America declared independence on July 4, 1776, accounts from both John Adams and the Virginia Gazette say the former colonists launched fireworks to celebrate. Source: National Geographic- The History of Fireworks.
- Cardboard Tubes
- Straws, Curling Ribbon and/or Crepe Paper
- Cardboard or Card Stock
- Misc Red White and Blue Paper or Paint
- Colored Sand or Fish Tank Gravel
- Round Glass Bowl
- White Stick on Stars
- Using the picture as a reference place alternating layers of red and white sand or fish tank gravel topping it off with blue.
- Prepare cardboard tubes by covering with special papers or paint. We’ve given you some examples in our picture but feel free to select your own designs.
- Print out pattern below and glue to cardboard or card stock to form the nose of your rocket. Cut out and pull together and glue to form the cone and glue to cardboard tube.
- Glue curling ribbon , crepe paper or straws to the bottom of the cardboard tube. Use the picture as a reference.
- Glue your rocket to the dowel, let dry and insert carefully in your bowl of sand or fish tank gravel.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print
Award your kids with an inexpensive and colorful Summer Fun Patch from MakingFriends.com. They can wear them, collect them or trade them.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
0 thoughts on “Fourth of July Fireworks Centerpiece”