Have the kids make a Patriotic Lantern or a whole bunch of them to decorate for any patriotic celebration. We’ve provided both a black and white and a colored version for your selection. This Patriotic Lantern is an updated variation on an old favorite that never goes out of style as a kids craft.
The stripes on the American flag represent the original 13 Colonies and the stars represent the 50 states of the Union.
- White Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- White Pipe Cleaner
- Hole Punch
- Optional: Crayons, Colored Pencils or Markers
- Print out the colored or black and white pattern for each child.
- Carefully fold in the middle and have the kids cut along the black lines up to the band of stars.
- Unfold the pattern and glue the top row of stars to form a circle. Repeat with the bottom row.
- Punch two holes with a hole punch on each side of the lantern as shown and insert your pipe cleaner. Wrap the end of the pipe cleaner around itself to create a knot.
- Hang in your room, on the porch or in the trees to decorate for your festivities. The more the merrier.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
0 thoughts on “Patriotic Lantern”