Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Decoration
Have fun making this easy Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Decoration to post on the Bulletin Board or the refrigerator. It also makes a pretty package or gift bag too. The smart package wrapper will rescue it after the gift is opened and save it for next year. It holds up well.
Trivia: Since 1971, the Province of Nova Scotia has presented the Boston Christmas tree to the people of Boston, in gratitude for the relief supplies received from the citizens of Boston after a ship exploded in 1917 following a collision in the Halifax, Nova Scotia Harbor. Part of the city was leveled, killing and injuring thousands. Source: Christmas Tree Facts – Great Moments in Christmas Tree History
- White card stock or heavyweight paper
- Tacky glue
- Green Tissue Paper
- Brown Tissue Paper
- Yellow Tissue Paper
- Small Pom Poms, sequins, beads or whatever trim you want (optional)
- Paper Plate
- Click on tree below and print out the pattern on card stock or heavyweight paper. Cut out the tree.
- Put tree on newspaper and pour some tacky glue on paper plate.
- Cut tissue paper into pieces approximately 1 1/2″ to 2″ square.
- Crumple individual pieces of paper and dip into glue. Affix to the pattern. I find it is easier to do the garland first if you are going to do that kind of trim. Then fill the green crumples in around it.
- Glue decorations to trim your tree and you have a beautiful decoration.
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print
Free Kids Crafts Team
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you’ll be able to find around your house.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.