Pom Pom Ant Chip Clip Craft
Where there’s a picnic there are ants and this Pom Pom Ant Chip Clip craft designed by the FreeKidsCrafts team is sure to be a welcome addition to all the festivities. They’re fun to make and will help keep your picnic chips safe from their less desirable “cousins”.
Among the various ant species, the queen ants generally have longer lifespans compared to the worker ants. Queen ants can live for several years, and in some cases, they can live up to 15 years or more. The worker ants, which make up the majority of the colony, have shorter lifespans ranging from a few weeks to a few months.
- Red Paint and Small Brush
- 1 Large Red Pom Pom
- 2 Small Red Pom Poms
- 2 Red Pipe Cleaners
- Tacky Glue or Low Temp Glue Gun
- Take a red pom pom and attach it to the clothespin using craft glue. This will be the body of the ant.
- Glue 2 small red pom poms to the front of the large pom poms to create the ant’s head and the rest of the body using the picture as a reference..
- Attach two googly eyes to the small pom pom head using glue. This will give your ant some personality.
- Cut a red pipe cleaner into two equal halves. These will be the ant’s antennae.
- Bend each pipe cleaner half into a V shape. Glue one end of each pipe cleaner to the top of the small pom pom head, positioning them as the ant’s antennae.
- Let the glue dry completely before using your Pom Pom Ant Chip Clips.
Once your Pom Pom Ant Chip Clips are finished, you can use them to secure bags of chips, pretzels, or any other snacks you bring to your picnic.
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.