Paws Tee Shirt Dog Bed
Make a comfy Paws Tee Shirt Dog Bed from a new dollar store or recycled tee shirt to donate to a shelter or for your own special pet. Dogs love to curl up in a soft, cuddly bed when they settle down to sleep and it will give them a sense of comfort when waiting in a shelter for their forever home. The shelter can then send the bed home with the dog as a security blanket to help them get adjusted. Check with your shelter first before assuming they will accept this type of donation, and any regulations they may have. Take a look at 9 Of the Best Dog Blankets to Make and Donate from our sister site at DIY to Donate for more ideas.
Trivia: Research has shown that many dogs prefer classical music. It has been found that harp music can be a natural sedative. Source: SPCA- 7 Proven Ways to Calm Your Anxious Dog
- New or recycled tee shirt
- SVG for Cricuit Machine or pattern for felt appliques
- Sewing Machine or needle and thread
- Fabric Glue (optional)
- Vinyl for Cricuit Machine
- Cut tee shirt in a straight line from under the sleeve to the other sleeve. This leaves a tube.
- Turn tee shirt inside out and stitch one side completely and 3/4 of the way on the other side. Trim the seams and clip the corners. Turn right side out creating an envelope.
- Download your SVG file and proceed according to directions or print out pattern for felt appliques to be glued or stitched.
- Fill bed loosely with batting and turn in remaining seam and hand stitch closed.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern below to open it in a new window to print
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags dog crafts