Make A Picnic Caddy
Help the kids Make A Picnic Caddy for your next outdoor BBQ. They will be so proud of their contribution to the festivities and will insist on keeping it for next summer too. BBQ’s last well into the Fall and this caddy can be decorated in an Autumn theme to match the season.
In the year 2000, a 600-mile-long picnic took place in France on July 14 to celebrate the first Bastille Day of the new millennium.
- STYROFOAM™ BRAND FOAM: White sheet 2″ x 5″ x 12″ (or larger to trim to size)
- Foam Cutter or serrated knife (adult supervision required)
- Red & white check fabric, 1/2 yd. length
- Black with white polka dots ribbon, 2 yd. of 3/8″ wide
- Spray can lid, 2 1/2″ diameter
- Plastic ants
- Plastic ketchup and mustard bottles
- Plastic salt and pepper containers
- Black mat board or heavy cardboard, 5″ x 12″ piece
- Clear 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece heavy plastic or shrink plastic
- Tacky Glue
- Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Cutting mat
- Use a serrated knife to measure and cut a 2″ x 5″ x 12″ piece of STYROFOAM*.
- Find and measure placement for ketchup and mustard using spray can lid as your template. Press lid into STYROFOAM* halfway down and remove. Cut out STYROFOAM* using the foam cutter or serrated knife.
- For salt and pepper, either find a lid similar in size as salt and pepper shakers or impress salt or pepper container into position on STYROFOAM*. Use Foam Cutter or serrated knife to cut out foam.
- Trim and glue mat board or cardboard to bottom of caddy.
- Cut fabric into 15″ x 17″ piece. Using glue stick, start at bottom of caddy and wrap and glue fabric to STYROFOAM*.
- Fold and glue ends of fabric like a wrapping a gift. Cut slits in fabric at holes in caddy approximately 1/2″ apart. Glue slits to inside of holes.
- To line inside holes of caddy, cut two 2″ x 8″ pieces and two 2″ x 6″ pieces from shrink plastic or heavy plastic. Use glue stick to cover these pieces both front and back with fabric. Place inside holes for ketchup and mustard bottles and salt and pepper containers in caddy.
- Use tacky glue to attach ribbon and ants to outside of caddy.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
More from FreeKidsCrafts
Tags picnic crafts