Christmas Tree Yarn Bug
This delightful Christmas Tree Yarn Bug will put smiles on the faces of kids and adults alike. It is also a craft that the more experienced crafters can have a lot of fun making. Think how much fun it would be to see one at your place setting at Christmas dinner.
- Green Yarn
- Green Poster Board
- Two Wiggle Eyes — 20mm
- Large Star Woodsie
- Small Circle Woodsies
- Gold Cord
- Heavy Cardboard Cut 6″ Square
- Tacky Glue
- Red and Gold Paint Pens (or paint)
- 10″ Dinner Plate for tracing around
- Trace around a dinner plate on a piece of green oak tag. You’ll need half of this circle. Discard the other half or use it to make another tree bug. Form into a cone and staple at overlap.
- Make a pompon by wrapping yarn around the heavy cardboard cut to 6″ square. Wrap it around at least 125 times. Cut a 6″ piece of yarn and slide it under wrapped yarn. Tie tightly into a double knot. Turn card board over and cut completely through yarn on this side. Turn yarn blob sideways and smooth down strands.
- Spread tacky glue around the top part of the cone. Separate the strands of the pompon to fit over the cone. Press pompon into place. Arrange yarn.
- Wrap cord around tree, gluing at the top and and angling around and down. Secure as needed with glue. Paint woodsies. When dry glue to tree. Glue wiggle eyes to tree.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
So cute!fun for little ones to play with