Cardboard Tube Snake
2013 is the year of the Snake according to Chinese lore. Recycle a cardboard tube into a snake to celebrate the new year.
- Cardboard tube
- Wiggle Eyes
- First paint the inside and outside of the cardboard tube with a background color of your choice and let dry. We picked red, one of the favorite colors of the Chinese.
- Then decorate the outside of the tube in a design of your choosing. Let dry.
- Using the picture as a guide cute the tube into a coil.
- Taper one end into a point as the tail.
- Taper the other end into a head for the snake and add two wiggle eyes.
- Cut a forked tongue from scrapes of felt or construction paper and glue to the underside of the head.
- Now go ahead and celebrate Chinese New Year.
This craft was inspired by our good friend Amanda Formaro at Crafts By Amanda where you will find lots of fun craft ideas.
You may enjoy these other snake crafts too:
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.