Mom’s Eyeglass Holder
Mother’s Day will soon be here, so we thought we would provide instructions for making this eyeglass holder. This is a simple gift the beginner sewer .. can make and Mom or Grandma will surely be happy to get and use. Glasses need to be protected from scratches and this handmade eyeglass holder is soft and will do the job.
Smoked quartz was used by early Chinese inventors to make sunglasses for the wealthy. Source: The Pupil’s Lounge – 5 Fun Facts About Early Eyewear
- Pot Holder
- Needle and Thread
- 2′ of Rat-tail Satin Cord
- 10 Yellow Pony Beads
- 1 White Pony Bead
- Tacky Glue
Fold pot holder in half. Whip stitch around the outside just catching the edge of the binding. Leave one end open to slide in the eyeglasses.
To make the bead decoration:
1. Coat ends of cord with glue. Let dry. String 6 yellow pony beads and slide to center of cord.
2. Loop cord around and feed through bead 1 again. Tighten.
3. Referring to the diagram below, string 1white pony bead (shown as orange) and position it in the center of the flower. Feed cord back through bead 4 as shown. Tighten.
4. Tie around loop on pot holder. Double knot.
5. Slide two beads on each end. Tie double knot to hold beads in place.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.