DIY Pom Pom Flowered Desk Caddy
This DIY Pom Pom Desk Caddy designed by the FreeKidsCrafts team makes a special gift for kids to make for Mom, their favorite teacher or just for themselves. A desk caddy is a great way to keep things like pencils, pens and other writing implement from rolling all over the desk and onto the floor. Plus it is fun to make.
Early desks had sloping tops, since these were used primarily in monasteries and universities when the books that were read or written were large parchment volumes. Source: Fine Woodworking -A Short History of Desks
- Six 1″ yellow pom poms
- Six 1″ orange pom poms
- Fifteen 1″ Green Pom Pom
- Seven jumbo craft sticks
- Two green craft sticks (or paint them)
- Cardboard or craft foam
- 3″ round container or cardboard core
- Craft glue
- Kitchen shears
- Rubber band
- If using a core, make a bottom for your caddy out of craft foam or cardboard. Glue in place.
- Use kitchen shears to cut jumbo craft sticks into varying lengths.
- Glue the craft stick pieces all around your round container or cardboard core.
- Glue two green craft sticks to the container to make flower stems. Use them whole or in varying lengths. Fit them between the jumbo craft sticks or glue on top depending on how well the jumbo sticks cover the container.
- Use rubber band to hold everything in place while it dries.
- Cut two 2″ circles out of craft foam or cardboard. Glue seven pom poms to each to make the flowers. Glue flowers to stems. Remove rubber bands when dry.
- Glue pom poms all around the bottom of the container.
- Present your gift to the lucky recipient and be ready for lots of hugs.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.