Martin Luther King Jr Handprint Poem
Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream and the Free Kids Craft team has created this Martin Luther King Handprint Poem in honor of his day so the kids can realize that they have one too. It is important for kids and adults alike to think about what they can do on this day and all year long to help their fellow man. What will you do? Here are some suggestions:
- Collect food for your local food pantry
- Go into a neglected neighborhood with a group of friends and adults and clean up the park
- Research a family that needs help and organize a fix up day of yard work, painting and minor repairs where adults help too
- Bring books to a homeless shelter where children reside.
- Make Diversity Puppets and put on a show at your library
Trivia: Participation in the MLK Day of Service has grown steadily over the past decade, with hundreds of thousands of Americans each year engaging in projects such as tutoring and mentoring children, painting schools and senior centers, delivering meals, building homes, and reflecting on Dr. King’s life and teachings. Source AASCU – Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service
- White Card Stock
- Card Stock in Skin Tone Colors
- Card Stock in background color of your choosing. We picked blue.
- Print on the “printable” link above and print poem on white card stock. Cut out.
- Glue to colored card stock.
- Trace around your hand on two different colors of skin tone card stock. Cut out. Arrange them “hand-in-hand” as shown in photo.
- Using the photo as a reference glue the hands to the poem.
Take home and put it on your refrigerator or bulletin board to remind you that everybody has dreams, just like you.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print in the correct size
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.