Make Zany Bookmarks from Paper Clips
For lots of fun with reading projects have the kids Make Zany Bookmarks from Paper clips and just add giggles! Use fun colored oversized paperclips to make this a extra special project all kids will love to design and use at school and home.
According to the Early Office Museum, the first patent for a bent wire paper clip was awarded in the United States to Samuel B. Fay, in 1867. This clip was originally intended primarily for attaching tickets to fabric, although the patent recognized that it could be used to attach papers together.
- Jumbo Colored Paper Clips
- Yarn and/or Floss
- Wiggle Eyes
- Tacky Glue
- To Make Zany Paper Clip, cut 12 pieces of yarn approximately 6″ long.
- Fold yarn pieces in half and half hitch to the end of the paper clip by placing the folded end down through the paper clip and drawing the cord ends down through the folded end loop. Diagram at the bottom shows how the paper clip will look with a piece of yarn half hitched to it.
- Style the yarn “hair”. You can make pony tails with bows, unravel the yarn for curls, trim short or leave it long. Experiment with different styles.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Enjoy using your Zany Paper Clips as you read your favorite books.
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.
Tags Inexpensive crafts