How To Make A Halloween Witch Yarn Bug Craft
This Halloween Witch Yarn Bug may be a little too advanced for the small crafters, but the tweens and teens will love them. Kids love Halloween crafts and lots of parents do too. Psst we won’t tell if the Moms make some for party decorations as well.
In the United States, witches are associated with Halloween. But in Sweden, there are Easter witches. According to Time, “Little girls dress up in rags and old clothes, too-big skirts and shawls and go door to door with a copper kettle looking for treats. Source: Best Life – 17 Incredible Facts About Witches That Are 100 Percent True
- Yarn: Orange and Neon Green
- Craft Foam: Black
- 20 MM Wiggle Eyes
- 1/2 Pom Pom: Green
- 2 1/2″ Styrofoam Ball
- 5″ Cardboard Square
- Tacky Glue
- Make a pompom by wrapping yarn around a 5″ piece of cardboard at least 100 times. Cut a 6″ piece of yarn and slide it under wrapped yarn. Tie tightly into a double knot. Turn cardboard over and cut completely through yarn on this side. Turn yarn blob sideways and smooth down strands.
- Press Styrofoam ball onto a hard surface to flatten bottom. (You can also use an egg carton section.) Cover the top and sides of the ball with tacky glue. Separate the strands of the pompom to fit the Styrofoam ball up inside. Press pompom into place. Arrange yarn.
- Print out the patterns for the witches hat and feet. Staple all around patterns onto black craft foam. Cut out pieces.
- Glue the bottom of the Styrofoam ball on to the foam feet.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Make another pompom out of orange yarn. Wrap it 50 times around the cardboard. Tie off and cut. Turn yarn blob sideways and smooth down strands. Separate the yarn and place it over the green yarn for hair. Trim.
- Glue hat into a cone. Using a clothespin to secure until glue dries. Run a bead of glue on the bottom rim of the cone. Glue it to the center of the circle. Let dry.
- Glue on a pompom nose.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print in the correct size
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags yarn bugs