Celebrate the season of Kwanzaa with this special hand made Kwanzaa Hat. Each boy will want his own. It’s a great way to join in the celebration of Kwanzaa and it’s easy to make.
In order to avoid over-commercialization, gifts handed out to family members on the last day of Kwanzaa are often homemade. Source: History – 5 Things You May Not Know About Kwanzaa
- Craft Foam: 1 Sheet each of Red, Black and Green
- Tacky Glue and Clothespins or Glue Dots
- Foamie Buttons
- Measure around child’s head. Use green craft foam to make a 2-1/2″” band that is 2″ bigger than child’s head measurement. Glue into circle. Using clothes pins to hold until dry.
- Cut two red and four black foam strips measuring 1½” x 12″.
- Glue one red strip to the inside of the band attaching both ends, each on an opposite side. Glue another red strip perpendicular to the first. Glue one black strip between to reds crossing over the red strip already glued and one below the red strips and between the other two
- Glue the remaining black strips centered on top of the green band. Glue on foamie buttons to decorate.
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.