Kwanzaa Hat Craft
Celebrate the season of Kwanzaa by making this special Kwanzaa Hat. Each boy will want his own. It’s a great way to join in the celebration of Kwanzaa and it’s easy to make. The cap is made in the traditional Kwanzaa colors.
In order to avoid over-commercialization, gifts handed out to family members on the last day of Kwanzaa are often homemade. Source: History – 5 Things You May Not Know About Kwanzaa
- Craft Foam: 1 Sheet each of Red, Black and Green
- Tacky Glue and Clothespins or Glue Dots
- Foamie Buttons
- Measure around child’s head. Use green craft foam to make a 2-1/2″” band that is 2″ bigger than child’s head measurement. Glue into circle. Using clothes pins to hold until dry.
- Cut two red and four black foam strips measuring 1½” x 12″.
- Glue one red strip to the inside of the band attaching both ends, each on an opposite side. Glue another red strip perpendicular to the first. Glue one black strip between to reds crossing over the red strip already glued and one below the red strips and between the other two
- Glue the remaining black strips centered on top of the green band. Glue on foamie buttons to decorate.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.