Tiger Hand Puppet Craft
February 1, 2022 begins the year of the Tiger in the Chinese Lunar New Year. This Tiger Hand Puppet Craft is a fun way for kids to be stimulated to learn what the year of the tiger means in the Chinese culture. A hand puppet is a good prop for them to help them feel comfortable asking questions and adding their input.
Like their eponymous (legendary) zodiac animal, people born in years of the Tiger are vigorous and ambitious, daring and courageous, enthusiastic and generous, self-confident with a sense of justice and a commitment to help others for the greater good. Source: Chinese New Year. net – Year of the Tiger
- Orange Construction Paper
- White Paper
- Glue Stick
- Black Marker
- Fold orange paper in half, creasing lightly and then open up again (see diagram 1}
2) Fold the top edge in to the middle line and crease. Repeat with the bottom edge (see diagram 2)
3) Next fold in half with open side facing out. (see diagram 3)
4) Fold the top piece back on itself about half way. (see diagram 4)
5) Turn over & repeat for step 5. (see diagram 5)
Click on pattern below and cut out tiger features to glue to folded tiger head using the featured picture as reference.
Use the black marker to make the stripes and eyes for the tiger as shown in the picture.
Insert four fingers in the upper opening and your thumb in the bottom to make the mouth open and close.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print in the correct size.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.