Recycled Tank Top Beach Bag Craft
Give those old outgrown tank tops a second life for a trip to the beach with this Recycled Tank Top Beach Bag. Kids grow fast so you should have lots of old tee shirts to turn into fun things.
The average American throws out about 82 pounds of textile waste per year. That’s 11 million tons of waste produced every year by just the United States alone. Source: Planet Aid – 8 Little Known Facts About Our Clothing Habits
- Tank Top
- Rick Rack or Other Trim
- 1 Yard of Cord
- Fabric Glue
- Small Scissors
- Safety Pin
- Using a small, pointed scissors, open up about 1″ of the hem of the tank top.
- Attach safety pin to the end of the cord and push the pin with the cord through the opening into the hem. Work the pin and cord around the entire bottom until you reach the hem opening again. You should have both ends of the cord sticking out of the hem opening. Remove safety pin.
- Pull cord end gathering up the bottom of the tank top as tight as possible. Tie ends together, double knotting. Trim ends. Push the knot up inside the hem.
- Glue a large appliqué over the opening on the bottom on the bag.
- Decorate edges with rick rack and appliqués.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags beach crafts