Paper Plate Bumble Bee
Buzz around with this original Paper Plate Bumble Bee craft from the FreeKidsCrafts team. The kids will have a whole swarm of fun and it is inexpensive to make. Remember bees are an important part of our food and flower supply.
Bumblebees are excellent pollinators—much more efficient pollinators than honeybees, in fact. They mainly forage for pollen rather than nectar, and transfer more pollen to the pistils of the flowers with each visit. Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac – 10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT BUMBLEBEES: THE FRIENDLY, FUZZY BEE
- Yellow Paper or Plastic Plate
- Black Paper or Plastic Plate
- Black Electrical Tape
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- Black Permanent Marker
- Make stripes out of black electrical tape on the back of the yellow plate.
- Cut black plate in half. Glue behind the yellow plate to make wings.
- Cut pipe cleaner in half. Fold both pieces in half. Form one piece into antennae. The other into a stinger. Glue in place.
- Draw on a face with permanent marker.
Yellow Paper or Plastic Plate
Black Paper or Plastic Plate
Black Electrical Tape
Black Pipe Cleaner
Black Permanent Marker
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.
Tags bee crafts