Four Seasons Clock Craft
This clever Fours Seasons Clock was submitted by eight year old Henry from Newton, Massachusetts who wrote, “I want to create a clock where it shows the season we are in now and that it can rotate throughout the year as the season changes.I am a third grader at Underwood Elementary School in Newton. I enjoy building with Legos, drawing, making crafts, and collect samples from nature”.
- 2 paper plates
- One screw or paper clip
- Tape or stapler
- Color markers
- Use a pencil to divide a paper plate into 4 equal quadrants; draw one horizontal line and one vertical line through the center
- Use color markers to draw a tree that would appear in each of the seasons, in the order of winter, spring, summer, and autumn
- Poke a hole in the center using a paper clip so that a screw can be put in place for rotation
- Cut out 1/4 of a second plate and put on top so that only the tree in the current season is shown
- The two plates can be taped together on the edges or stapled together
As the year progresses, rotate the clock to the tree in the right season
I also thought this idea can be applied to other crafts such as drawing different colors on one plate, then cut out the outline of a flower on the second plate and put it on top. When rotating the bottom plate, the flower will change color. I also have the same idea for a Chameleon.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.