Dragon Hand Puppet Craft
Chinese New Year means lots of fun with dragon activities. This Dragon Hand Puppet Craft is provided in both black and white and color and is a fun way for the kids to get into the spirit of the holiday and to stimulate conversations about China and its cultures and traditions. You’ll find the Dragon Mask here to add to the fun.
Chinese New Year is celebrated by more than 20% of the world. It’s the most important holiday in China and to Chinese people all over. You can also call it the Lunar New Year, because countries such as North and South Korea and Vietnam celebrate it as well. Source: Chinese New Year.net – 21 Things You Didn’t Know About Chinese New Year
- Red Construction Paper
- White Paper
- Glue Stick
- Fold red paper in half, creasing lightly and then open up again (see diagram 1}
2) Fold the top edge in to the middle line and crease. Repeat with the bottom edge (see diagram 2)
3) Next fold in half with open side facing out. (see diagram 3)
4) Fold the top piece back on itself about half way. (see diagram 4)
5) Turn over & repeat for step 5. (see diagram 5)
6) Click on pattern below and cut out dragon features to glue to folded tiger head using the featured picture as reference.
7) Insert four fingers in the upper opening and your thumb in the bottom to make the mouth open and close.
Have fun with friends as you celebrate the Lunar New Year.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window to print in the correct size
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.