Recycled Sea Life Creatures
Show kids how to make Recycled Sea Life Creatures from recycled cardboard tubes. While you talk about the various sea creatures you will also be teaching them that recycled materials make great craft supplies. Once you’ve tried our creations, think about what you can make from cardboard tubes. The final projects can be part of class display or a proud piece of artwork displayed for friends and relatives to admire. This craft can have an even greater impact when followed up by reading books about the creatures that inhabit our oceans.
Books you might like to read:
- Three By the Sea by Edward Marshall
- Ocean: A Visual Encyclopedia by DK
- National Geographic Kids Look and Learn: Ocean Creatures (Look & Learn)by National Geographic Kids
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
- Empty Paper Towel Tube
- Tacky Glue
- Craft Paint
- Two 20mm Wiggle Eyes
- Hole Punch
- Construction Paper
- Using the photo as a reference cut cardboard tube to the size of your creature.
- To make octopus legs, squid or anemone tendrils cut strips down one side of a paper towel tube. Again using the picture as a reference, bend or curl the pieces around a fat marker and trim to the right size.
- Paint your creations. We decided to use our imagination for color choices.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Punch holes out of construction paper and glue on to decorate.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
More from FreeKidsCrafts
Tags sea life crafts