Puzzle Piece Lamb
What could be more fun than this Recycled Puzzle Piece Lamb created by the FreeKidsCrafts Team? Turn an old puzzle into a fun craft project with simple materials. Great way to use an old puzzle that is missing one or two pieces.
John Spilsbury (an Englishman) mounted a map of England on a thin sheet of mahogany board, used a hand held fretsaw to cut round the county boundaries and sold the boxed pieces for children to assemble. They were known as ‘Dissected maps’. Source: Jig Things – History of Jigsaw Puzzles.
- Blue and White Card Stock
- Puzzle with Missing Pieces
- White Paint and Brush
- Paint the back of approximately twenty 1″ puzzle pieces white. (The front is usually coated with a sealer and will not absorb paint well. Let dry.
- Print the lamb feet on blue (or any color) card stock. Print the lamb head and body on white card stock.
- Cut out the lamb head and body.
- Glue the lamb body between the feet on the printed colored card stock. Glue the painted pieces of puzzle to the body.
- Glue the head on top of the puzzle pieces using the photo as a guide.
- Finish by gluing a painted puzzle piece to the head of the lamb.
Patterns (Click and open in a new window to print}
We've posted a photo below of this craft adapted by our favorite traveling grandmother Mary Ruthven. If you click on Printables for this craft, you'll be able to see the adaption in a larger size.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags puzzle crafts