Patriotic Baton Craft
Strike Up the Band and start the Parade! Everyone can join in the fun with their own baton made from this FreeKidsCrafts original project. You can use them to parade down Main Street or just around your classroom. Have fun celebrating the holiday.
The stripes represent the original 13 Colonies and the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well; red symbolizes hardiness and valor, white symbolizes purity and innocence, and blue represents vigilance, perseverance and justice. Source: PBS- The History of the American Flag
- Long Paper Tube from Gift Wrap
- Red, White and Blue Colored Tape
- Red and White Curling Ribbon
- Star Stickers
- Wrap red tape around the tube at one end. Wrap a stripe of white tape next to it. Then a stripe of red. Continue alternating colors until you have about ten stripes. Repeat for other end.
- Wrap the remaining area in the middle with blue tape.
- Cut ten pieces red and white curling ribbon about 2′ long. Curl using the end of a scissor.
- Tape or glue inside one end. Repeat for the other end.
- Stick on stars in the blue section.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags parade crafts
0 thoughts on “Patriotic Baton Craft”