Kirigami Spotted Puppy Craft
Make this friendly Kirigami Spotted Puppy designed by the Free Kids Crafts Team and use your markers to make him special just for you. This simple kirigami project is a good introduction to other Origami and Kirigami crafts.
Kirigami is similar to origami in that it is a form of paper art. The major difference is that in origami, you fold paper whereas in kirigami, you fold and cut paper. By making curves and since the proportions of the folds remain the same, three-dimensional shapes can be scaled up or down from kirigami models into applications for everything. Source: Design Development Media 2017 – a University of Oregon Architecture site – Kirigami
- Two square sheets of Origami Paper
- Markers (Optional)
- Wiggle Eyes (Optional)
- Fold and crease paper diagonally in both directions. Open up.
- Fold top point down toward the back. Crease. Fold bottom point up toward the front. Crease. Fold both side points in. Crease.
- Fold in half. Crease
- Fold sides diagonally down to form ears. Crease. Fold tip of nose down. Crease.
- Draw on eyes or glue on wiggle eyes.
- Fold second piece in half diagonally. Crease.
- Open slightly along right side. Fold top piece out which will bring the top point down. Crease.
- Fold right side point ot middle. Crease.
- Fold point diagonally back to form tail. Crease.
- Open up head and glue inside. You can leave it like this or add some markings like we did.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on the diagram to open it in a new window to print
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags dog crafts