This unique Napkin Bunny was submitted by Mary from Raleigh, North Carolina and she says, “I’m Mary and I have two sisters. I have a dog who is featured a lot in my crafts. I enjoy drawing and doing Perler bead art. I also love to make ornaments out of pipe cleaners because I can show my creativity!”
2 White square paper napkins
1. First, take a napkin and fold it into fourths. (Fold in half, then in half again.) You should have a small square. Put aside.
2. Take the second napkin and unfold it entirely to see its four large square parts. Cut it in half, so you have 2 equal rectangular parts.
3. Take one rectangular section and fold it back in half along its crease to have a square. Then, fold it across diagonally, creating a right triangle.
4. Take the corner of the right triangle (the "L" angle) and fold it inward so that the edge matches up along the long edge (also known as the hypotenuse). Now, you have an obtuse triangle. Glue the folds in place.
5. Do the same for the other rectangular napkin section to have a set of two matching obtuse triangles.
6. Take one of the obtuse triangles and match the obtuse angle with the bottom right corner on the back of the original small folded napkin square. Be sure to line up the edges along the side of the napkin square. Glue down. Do the same for the other obtuse triangle, lining up the obtuse angle with the bottom left corner of the napkin square. Together, the obtuse triangle pieces will create the bunny ears and bow tie.
7. Let the glue dry for about 10 minutes before you continue the craft.
8. Turn the napkin creation over and now start coloring. Use your markers to draw and color eyes, a nose, whiskers, a mouth and a chin on the napkin square's front or your bunny's face. Color the insides of the napkin triangles to create bunny ears and their fleshy insides.
9. Color the triangular napkin sections that hang off the bottom of the napkin square. Decorate the napkin sections below the bunny's face as his necktie or bow tie. Color it any way you want!
10. Now your bunny is complete. Enjoy your Napkin Bunny and share with your friends!
You have a few choices for your Napkin Bunny's setup. First, you can lift the top flap of the napkin square and stand your bunny up by spreading the two napkin square flaps apart in a folded name card position. Or, you can just glue the top flap of the napkin square to the bottom one. If you do not glue the flaps together, you can use your Napkin Bunny as a bookmark by lifting the top flap and letting the bottom flap mark your place in the book while the top flap rests on the front cover of the book. Either way, you can use your Napkin Bunny for many occasions. It can be a table centerpiece, name card, Easter present, bookmark, cute napkin, child's toy and more!
This adorable craft is wonderful to make around Easter time but can be used year round, too. Kids will love their own little Napkin Bunny and so will you!
IT'S A WINNER! Take a look at what one of our talented viewers submitted to share with you. This craft was selected as one of this month's winners to received $50 in craft supplies. Click here to find out how you can enter your original creation for our judges consideration.