Mother’s Day Flower Card
This special Mother’s Day Flower Card is just bursting with love for Mom on Mother’s Day. The kids can also adapt it for birthdays and Valentine’s Day. If they want to make it a complete theme, kids can decorate a package to match. The size of the decoration depends on the size of the hearts made.
In 1910 West Virginia became the first state to adopt the the holiday because of the efforts of Ann Marie Jarvis and in 1914, President Wilson declared the second Sunday in May “Mother’s Day.” Similar holidays are celebrated as Mothering Day or Mother’s Day in other countries on a different date. Both holidays were established to honor the contributions of mothers.
- 9 x 12 Card Stock or Construction Paper
- White or Colored Paper for Flower
- Glue Stick
- To make this Mother’s Day Flower Car, fold the card stock or construction paper in half to create a card.
- Fold flower paper to create a fold. Create a half heart as a pattern and lay on fold. Cut out several hearts for your flower. It is important that all the hearts be the same size.
- Apply glue stick to one half side of the folded heart and glue to the card. Continue with as many hearts as it takes to create a flower making sure the point of the hearts meets to form a circle. We glued our “flower” on one color card stock and cut it out so that it created a contrasting trim to glue onto another color card stock, but it isn’t necessary.
- Draw a stem and leaf if you wish and add a special sentiment for Mom. You can use ours or create your own.
“Roses are red,
My heart is popping
With love for you.”
Happy Mother’s Day
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.