Halloween Pumpkin Hat Craft
Sometimes all you need is a hat to set your imagination to work. Start with this pumpkin hat and dress in an orange sweatshirt and orange tights. You could also pin black felt on the sweatshirt as a jack-o-lantern costume.
The tradition of dressing up in costumes originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. Source: History-Ancient Origins of Halloween
- Six 2″ x 11″ Orange Foam Strips
- Green Foam
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Hot Glue or Glue Dots
- Cut the orange foam into six 2″ x 11″ strips
- Form one orange strip in circle and glue the ends together.
- Glue the ends of the other strips inside of the circle forming a hat.
- Make leaves out of the green foam and glue to the top of the hat using the picture as a reference.
- Use a pencil to curl the ends of the pipe cleaner and glue to the top of the hat to give it a little pizzazz.
Then see what you have in your closet to complete your costume.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
More from FreeKidsCrafts
Tags pumpkin crafts