Breast Cancer Awareness Craft
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Jamie of the FreeKidsCrafts team has designed this craft so you can show your support for this important cause. This would also make a great project for fundraising.
The earlier female breast cancer is caught, the better chance a person has of surviving five years after being diagnosed. For female breast cancer, 63.3% are diagnosed at the local stage. The 5-year relative survival for localized female breast cancer is 99.3%.. Source: National Cancer Institute – Cancer Stat Facts: Female Breast Cancer
- Wide Wired Pink Ribbon
- Pink and White Cord
- Pink, White and Silver Beads
- Glue Gun
- Cut the wired ribbon to a length of approximately 10 inches and form into a loop as shown. Hot glue to hold in place.
- Cut cord into 12 inch lengths. Knot one end and string six beads on each. Knot the other end. Uneven strands make a design more interesting so we added a single 5 inch cord and strung it with 3 beads to create a pleasing balance.
- Fold the longer strands in half with three beads on each end. Glue to the back of the ribbon so they fall in uneven lengths.
- Hang on your door to help make everyone aware that Breast Cancer is a treatable disease and early detection is critical.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos! More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.
Tags fundraising crafts