Mom and Me Thanksgiving Apron
SoSoft Fabric Acrylics
DSS41 - Burnt Sienna
SoSoft Dimensional Writers
DD102 - Cadmium Yellow
DD104 - Festive Red
DD115 - Black
Small round brush
3/8" and 3/4" round foam pouncer brushes
Natural canvas aprons
Preparation: Cover work surface with newspaper. Lay aprons flat on surface. Have wet paper towels and soap ready to clean hands at sink.
1. Squeeze and spread Burnt Sienna onto foam plate. With fingers spread slightly, press hand flat into paint and then press hand flat onto apron bib area. If more solid handprint is needed, use small brush to lightly fill in hand shape.
2. Use 3/4" pouncer brush dipped in Burnt Sienna to stamp random dots over apron surface and around handprint. Repeat with Cadmium Yellow and Festive Red Writers. Allow to dry.
3. Use Cadmium Yellow to create small triangle for beak shape on turkey head; paint lines for legs and feet. Use Festive Red to paint small heart-shaped waddle under turkey head and to paint words below turkey.
4. Use Black Writer to paint dot eye on turkey and curved line for wing shape.
1. Repeat same instructions as above, but assist with stamping handprint and use smaller pouncer brush when stamping dots on apron.
This craft reprinted courtesy of DecoArt.com.
DecoArt® has one of the widest selection of paints and finishes for arts, crafts, and home decorating. All DecoArt products are non-toxic and user- and enviromently-friendly. Visit the DecoArt web site for free projects, how-to idea videos, tips and product info, and for the DecoArt on-line store.