Turn Cupcake Liners Into Christmas Trees
See how easy it is to Turn Cupcake Liners Into Christmas Trees for the holidays. There are so many different patterns on today’s cupcake liners that you can make lots of different variations of this Christmas craft project.
Trivia: Germany is credited with starting the Christmas tree tradition as we now know it in the 16th century when devout Christians brought decorated trees into their homes. History of Christmas Trees -History.com
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 9” x 4” cones (or other sizes of your choice)
- Decorative cupcake liners
- Crepe paper streamers, one roll in cream
- Crinkled paper shred in cream
- Spray glitter
- Thick, white craft glue
- Straight pins;
- White, pearl head pins
Fringed Crepe Paper Tree
- Cut fringe in a one yard length of crepe paper, making cuts ¼” – ½” apart.
- To decorate the tree, you’ll alternate between layers of fringed crepe paper and cupcake liners. To start, pin the crepe paper fringe around the bottom of the cone, adding a few pleats for fullness. Cut off extra crepe paper.
- Cut the middle from a cupcake liner. Cut small slits around the inside of the liner. Pin the liner around the cone. Add one or two cupcake liners as needed to complete the row.
- Repeat the alternating layers – fringed crepe paper, cupcake liners, etc., till the tree is fully decorated.
- Alternate your layers and top it off with a small cone made from a cupcake liner.
- Fold a cupcake liner in half and shape into a cone. Glue to the top of the tree.
- Cover your work area with newspaper and spray tree with glitter spray. (Be sure to follow the instructions on the can.)
Cupcake Liner & Crinkles Tree
- This tree is decorated with alternating layers of cupcake liners and paper shred. To start, prepare your cupcake liners, following Step 3 above. Pin the liners around the bottom of the cone.
- Slightly twist together a small handful of crinkled shred, and glue to the tree. Add more as needed.
- Continue, adding alternating layers of cupcake liners and paper shred, till the tree is covered.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam is widely available in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Please visit Michaels, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc., Hobby Lobby, Walmart, A.C. Moore to find the store nearest you carrying genuine STYROFOAM Brand Foam.Visit us at http://www.styrofoamcrafts.com
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.