Make Winter Hand Warmers
Make Winter Hand Warmers as stocking stuffers or as a beginning sewing project. Teens if you want a little something personal to give to your close friends…these are perfect. You can create different designs or make them all the same. Every time they put their hands in their pockets the warmth will remind them of you.
Trivia: The coldest temperature ever recorded in the U.S. was in – you guessed it – Alaska. In 1971, temperatures reached -79.8F at Prospect Creek Camp in Alaska. The lowest temperature in the contiguous 48 states was -69.7 in Montana. Source: Mic Network Inc – This is the New Coldest Temperature Recorded on Earth.
- Polyester-free felt squares or flannel fabric
- Pinking shears
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Cut fabric (with pinking shears) into shape of choice. You’ll need two identical pieces of fabric for each hand warmer.
- Pin fabric for each hand warmer together so pattern faces out. Make sure edges align.
- Sew fabric around edges (about three quarters complete) and leave small opening to fill with rice.
- Scoop rice into opening, filling pod about half way. Put straight pin through fabric so rice stays to one side.
- Sew small opening shut and remove pin.
- If you’ve created a hand warmer creature, use colored felt to cut shapes for eyes, ears, nose and mouth and secure into place with hot glue.
- If using googly eyes, make sure they’re heat safe. Secure into place with hot glue.
- Microwave pocket warmers on high 30-45 seconds and stick in your pockets.
Editor’s Note: We came across this guide and decided to share it with you. Best Kids Sewing Machine: Buyers & Rating Guide Hope you find it helpful
Everyday Dishes & DIY
Everyday Dishes & DIY (formerly Cherylstyle) is an online lifestyle media company stirring up dependable recipes and crafts for the everyday family. We collaborate, develop, test and re-test all original content in-house, working out the kinks so you don’t have to! Everydaydishes.com publishes new recipes, diy projects, craft ideas and videos daily.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.