Bowling Set From Recycled Plastic Bottles
Make this fun, colorful & inexpensive bowling set from recycled plastic bottles with your child. This will provide a fun do-together activity, exercise and a real sense of accomplishment for your child and teach them a lesson in recycling too.
Trivia: According to the Recycling Coalition of Utah plastic takes up to 1,000 years to degrade in a landfill and Americans throw away 35 billion plastic bottles every year.
- 6 empty plastic bottles (we used drink containers from kids meals that were saved from fast food places)
- Foam ball
- Gesso (white paint from art/craft sections)
- Non-toxic colored paints
- Optional : 6 small foam balls/glue (we used foam replacement balls)
- Wash bottles and lids and let dry thoroughly.
- Screw lids on tightly.
- Paint bottles with gesso and let dry. This is a primer that will keep paint from scraping off any smooth/shiny surface. Editor’s note: Another option is to roughen the surface with sandpaper which allows the paint to adhere.
- Paint each bottle a solid color and when dry, decorate as you and your child wish. We just did stripes and dots.
- Let dry thoroughly before letting your little bowler get his first strike!
*ZiggityZoom* is recognized as a Best Kids site, featuring Fun Crafts, Games and Printables. This family site is a destination for parents and kids for Recyclable Craft Projects & Educational Fun.
Want to have some creative family time? Print out our SudBudz® Masks and get crafty with the kiddos!More than just a typical Fizzy Bath Ball, SudPrize® is a first ever line of skin-loving and natural bath products that make bath time Fun for Kids and Easy for Moms. A Free companion App, SudBudz® engages your children into an immersive world of special and unique characters called SudBudz®.