Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Card Holder Craft
How cute is this Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Card Holder? Great to make in your classroom at your Valentine’s Day party. Add your name and go around collecting Valentine’s from your classmates. Also a good project for young crafters to make at home.
The first valentine was sent in the 15th century and was reportedly a poem written by a French medieval duke named Charles to his wife in 1415. According to Hallmark 145 million greeting cards are exchanged every year in the US for Valentine’s Day. Source: We Are Teachers – 14 Valentine’s Day Fun Facts for Kids
- Two 10″ Paper or Plastic Plates
- 4′ Ribbon
- Hole punch
- 12″ Lace
- Tacky Glue
- Cut one of the paper plates in half. Hold the plates fronts together and punch all around the lip approximately every inch.
- Beginning at what would be the top, lace all around, leaving an 8″ tail for hanging.
- Glue lace across the top edge of the front plate.
- Cut hearts out of additional plates. Glue to front to decorate.
You might also be interested in our printable Valentine’s Day cards.
These projects are created by Terri, Betty, Jamie or one of the talented staff members at MakingFriends.com. They have been created exclusively for publication on FreeKidsCrafts.com with supplies you'll be able to find around your house.