Cardboard Tube Owls
These Cardboard Tube Owls can be as unique as the child making them. We have supplied you with the paint colors used to make the owls pictured, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Trivia: Owls can turn their heads as much as 270 degrees.
Orange construction paper
Googly eyes - 7 mm
(3) Toilet paper rolls
Sequins - 7 mm and 10 mm
Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint:
C1 Azalea (15789 )
C1 Lime (15797)
C1 Mandarin Orange (15787)
C1 Sunshine Yellow (15786)
1. Fold down one end of toilet paper rolls to create pointed ear shapes.
2. Glue down folded tops with Tacky Glue and hold in place for 30 seconds.
3. Once glue is dry, lightly sketch out the owl tummy and wings with pencil.
4. Paint the main body of owl with desired color of Tulip soft paint. Let dry.
5. Paint the owl tummy with different color paint. Let dry.
6. Brush on a generous amount of Tacky Glue on one wing area and cover it with sequins.
7. Repeat step 6 on the second wing.
8. Take two large sequins (10mm) and glue them center front for the eyes.
9. Glue two google eyes on top of the two large sequins.
10. Cut out a small triangle from orange construction paper and glue down for beak.
11. Repeat steps for making other owls using different color combinations.
Where you can explore and share, crafters can play and artists can grow!