Feathered Note Holder
The refrigerator has so many notes and pictures attached to it that something always gets lost in the mix. This Feathered Note Holder can be used for that special message that needs to stand out. It also makes a great Teacher’s Gift.
Acrylic paints, colors of choice
Coordinating craft foam circles, 3/8", two
Craft feathers, colors of choice
Wiggle eyes, 1/4", two
Black string or elastic cord (optional)
Wooden spring-type clothespin
Serrated plastic knife
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
(Note: Some adult supervision required; read instructions
before beginning. Adults only should handle the serrated knife.)
1. Use serrated plastic knife to cut thin slice on a slight
angle from narrow end of foam egg; this will be neck. If
desired, cut thin slice from one side of egg so body will sit flat.
2. Use glue gun to glue clothespin to neck area for head/beak;
open end should be at front of bird. Refer to photo.
3. Insert skewer into bottom of bird to use as handle. Holding
skewer, paint entire bird color of choice; place in heavy
glass or jar to dry. Remove skewer.
4. Use skewer to poke tiny holes into each side of body for
two to four feathers. Apply dot of glue to hole and push tip
of feather into it.
5. Glue two craft foam circles to opposite sides of clothespin
as shown for eyes; glue wiggle eyes to foam. Be sure not to
glue clothespin closed. Let dry completely.
6. Tie string to wire spring for hanging birds. Insert message into beak.
This craft is reprinted courtesy of Styrofoam Brand Products.
I'm a homeschool mom of six. My family has been homeschooling for about eleven years. And, each year, we've learned a little more about having fun, and spending less, while learning more. It's great to be a homeschooler!