Paper Plate Lady
Paper plates make great, inexpensive materials for crafts like this Paper Plate Lady. Turn the kids loose with miscellaneous materials and see what they come up with. You might be surprised.
One white paper plate
Colored foam sheets
A black marker
1. Always use our photos for reference.
2. Cut the paper plate in half. Lay one half, flat on your work surface.
3. Cut a half circle of construction paper for the dress. Glue in place.
4. From a flesh colored foam sheet, cut out an oval shape. This will be your lady's face. Draw on eyes, nose and mouth. Cut out hair from felt and glue in place.
5. Now it's time to decorate! Cut two rectangles from felt to use for the arms. Our hands were made from small ovals cut from the flesh colored foam sheet. Our little lady is holding flowers that Maya cut from felt. The simpler the better. She also made a beaded necklace (using fishing wire and beads) which she tied around the head piece.
6. The last step is to glue everything together. You've already glued the "dress" onto the plate. Now glue the head, arms and whatever else you made in place. Let the glue dry. Then take the two corners of the paper plate and join them to make a cone shape. Staple together, and you should have a cute little lady!
The projects you\'ll find at Easy Child Crafts are created by Susie, Maya and Omri Eshel. We\'ve got easy craft ideas for kids of all ages with a special emphasis on recycling and using materials you have at home. Omri draws original coloring pages and his work is also featured on our sister site, Easy Coloring Pages
this paper plate lady is so cool!
this is so hard
This is a little more complicated than other paper plate projects, hope you try some of the easier ones and see if they work for your situation. Thanks for your input.