No-Sew Owls From A Sock
Use this No-Sew Owls From A Sock craft as a good cold weather project. You know how you always end up with one sock missing; here’s the perfect use for that one lonely sock.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 5-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ egg
Knee sock or tube sock
Felt in ivory, yellow, orange and a coordinating color for the wings & feet
Buttons, ½”, two in black
Low-temp glue gun
1. Press the wide end of the foam egg on the tabletop to flatten it. The egg should stand on its own.
2. Lay the sock flat. Measure 9” down from the cuff and make a mark in the center of the sock. Measure 7” down on each side, and cut in at the 7″ mark on each side to the 9” mark in the center, forming a point.
Measure down from the cuff 7″ on each side, and 9″ in the center.
Cut a point in the sock, starting at the 7″ mark on each side and cutting to the 9″ mark in the center.
3. Stretch the sock over the foam egg, with the cuff at the wide end of the egg and the point toward the narrow end. Glue the cuff to the bottom of the egg. Hints:
If there is a thick, elastic band around the cuff, cut that off first, so the bottom of the egg will be smooth and flat.
If using a thick, white craft glue or fabric glue, pin the sock in place while waiting for the glue to dry.
4. At the narrow end of the egg, be sure the point is centered. Fold the point over and glue to the front of the egg, creating ear tufts on either side.
Insert the egg into the sock, with the wide end at the cuff. Fold over the point at the top to make the owl’s tufts.
5. Cut the following from the felt:
Beak from orange felt, measuring about 1-3/8″ inches long from point to point and 3/4″ wide in the center
Two, 1-1/2″ circles from ivory felt
Two, 1″ circles from yellow felt
Two feet from tan felt or other color of our choice (foot pattern)
Two, 3” circles from tan felt or other color of your choice (wings)
An easy Owl craft on CraftsnCoffee.com.
Glue together the felt circles and add a button, and then glue the eyes to the owl.
6. Eyes: Glue yellow circles to the ivory circles, and glue a button to the center of each eye. Glue eyes onto the owl.
7. Glue beak on top of eyes.
8. Glue feet to bottom of owl.
9. Fold wings in half and glue shut. Glue wing ends to either side of owl.
STYROFOAM™ brand from Dow is one of the most trusted and widely known brand names in the craft industry. From Christmas ornaments to wedding topiaries, they have helped shape your crafting memories for 60 years. Today, their high-performance foams are helping you make tomorrow's memories.