Memorial Day Wreath
This beautiful Memorial Day Wreath can be used for all of our patriotic holidays. Just make sure when you pack it away that you wrap it in tissue before putting it into another container.
Extruded Foam Wreath, white: 14”
Foam Sheet: 15/16×11-7/8×35-7/8”
Felt: ½ yard of each color (red, white and blue)
1” Ribbon: coordinating color for hanging
FloraCraft® Foam Tools
Low-Temp Glue Gun
1. Start by marking out your pattern on the wreath form using the black marker. Mark each section with a “B” for blue, “W” for white and “R” for red. The blue section should be approximately ¼ of the wreath, as shown. The red and white sections are approximately 4” each and alternate around the remainder of the wreath.
2. Cut the felt into 3” squares. These do not have to be perfect squares.
3. Use the “Tuck” tool to push the center of the squares about ½ inch deep into the wreath, following the color pattern you have drawn. Continue tucking in the fabric squares about a ½” apart to completely cover the front and sides of the wreath. The back can remain uncovered to lay flat against the door or wall. Tip: Remove felt from wreath, add low-temp glue to the hole and re-insert the felt using the “Tuck” tool for a permanent hold.
4. Print out the star template.
5. Using the “Cut” tool, cut out the star shape from the foam using a sawing motion. Once the star is cut out, use the “Shape” tool to sand the edges smooth, if necessary. Repeat for 3 stars.
6. Apply a generous amount of StyroGlue® to each star, and cover the front and sides completely with using the paint brush. Before glue is dry, cover with glitter. Let dry.
7. Insert a toothpick into the wreath, about half way, where you would like the star to be placed. Add a generous amount of low-temp glue to the back the star and press down onto the other half of the toothpick. Be sure that the toothpick does not poke through the front of the star. Hold for approximately 10 seconds for the glue to adhere to the felt. Repeat for each star.
8. Make a loop with the ribbon and attach to the back of the wreath using low-temp glue and pins to secure.
Patterns, Templates and Printables
Click on a pattern to open it in a new window
FloraCraft(r), locally owned and operated in Michigan, has beenserving the craft and floral industries for 65 continuous years, providing quality STYROFOAM(tm) Brand Foam in shapes and sheets. We are dedicated to helping beginners and professionals achieve their best results, FloraCraft products are the foundation of every great project.