How To Make A Leaf Print
Fall is a great time to get the kids out in nature and collect materials that they can use to create fun crafts.
- White Paper
- Palette or paper plate
- Collect leaves in your neighborhood. You can collect all of one type or mix in different types.
- Spread newspapers over your work area to protect the surface.
- Put different colors of paint on your palette.
- Position a leaf with its underside facing up and paint on its entire surface.
- Press the painted leaf onto your paper.
- Lift the leaf and see your beautiful leaf print.
- Repeat the process using different colors and other leaf shapes. You may even try painting different colors on one leaf to create a rainbow colored leaf print.
A free resource for fun and educational kids' crafts, the site features a step-by-step guide for each craft project and includes printable templates, art recipes, and environment-friendly tips for crafting.