This Diwali Craft was contributed by Kajal who wanted to decorate the house with a homemade craft. She says “I am Kajal, mother of a 7 year old boy Himank, who is my inspiration to do something new and creative every day. .and so we came up with the following idea.
Diwali is an ancient festival to celebrate the triumph of light over dark and good over evil.
6 Paper Towel Tubes
Pearls, gems etc.
1. Take 6 paper towel tubes, paint them up with bright colors.
2. After they dry, start cutting the bottom of the rolls. Cut them around 1 cm thick and 1/4 to the top of the tube.
3. Then take some pieces of yarn, pass it from middle of all the tubes and tie a knot at the top.
4. To stop them sliding down, tie a knot at the end also.
5. To add danglings I added some rubber shapes at the end.. You can add whatever you wish.. pearls, gems etc.
IT'S A WINNER! Take a look at what one of our talented viewers submitted to share with you. This craft was selected as one of this month's winners to received $50 in craft supplies. Click here to find out how you can enter your original creation for our judges consideration.