Bottle Cap Turtle
April 22nd is Earth Day and we thought that this Bottle Cap Turtle would represent recycling and the importance of preserving our wildlife.
Popsicle sticks (regular and jumbo sized) f
Hot glue gun
1. Trace a circle onto the foam using the bottle top as a pattern. Cut out the circle.
2. Cut the Q-tips in half and cut down the popsicle sticks.
3. Paint the Q-tips and the popsicle sticks. If your bottle top is not green or brown, paint it with acrylic paint.
4. Use a hot glue gun to adhere the turtle head, tail, and legs onto the foam circle.
5. Use the glue gun to attach the part shown in the picture below onto the rim of the bottle top shell.
6. Cut a trapezoid-shaped stamp from a potato and use it and some paint to design the turtle shell (bottle top).
7. Use the hot glue gun to adhere the googly eyes.
8. Now, have fun playing with your new turtle friends!
This craft is reprinted courtesy of Mama-Jenn blogspot.com.
I am a Christian wife and home-schooling mama striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman! I am blessed with 5 kids, including one princess and two sets of twin boys! In my "spare" time I enjoy scrapbooking, though blogging seems to be taking its place. I currently have three main blogs. This is my family/homeschool/craft/everything blog. The Homeschool Resource List is a collection of all the free online resources that I have found for homeschoolers. The "Brown Like Me" Book Review is a collection of books featuring "brown" characters. I also write for Totally Tots, which is a blog dedicated to those with toddlers.
0 thoughts on “Bottle Cap Turtle”