Cornstarch Bow Ring
This Cornstarch Bow Ring is fun to make and can be used as a model for other cornstarch jewelry. Make whatever is your favorite item like butterflies, flowers or anything that makes you smile.
Gloss or Matte Sealer
Tulip Soft Fabric Paint (optional)
1. Measure two parts cornstarch to one part Tacky Glue into a plastic bag.
2. Knead the mixture in the plastic bag until it’s smooth and pliable, which will take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add more cornstarch if the mixture is too sticky and add more glue if the mixture is too stiff.
4. When the clay forms a ball, it’s ready to roll out on a flat surface and cut out into shapes with craft knife. Or, pinch into pieces to form into a sculptured shape. Lay waxed paper on your work surface and over your ball of clay before rolling to keep your surface and rolling pin clean.
5. For a bow, cut strips of thin clay, ½” wide and form into a bow shape.
6. Let the finished piece dry for 24 to 48 hours.
7. Adhere bow to ring blank with a glue tab.
8. You can spray with gloss or matte sealer to protect your finished project.
Option: Cornstarch dough is white in color and ready to use. If you want to add color, you can add drops of Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint and knead into the clay while it’s in a bag. Or, you can add color to a finished piece with a brush
Where you can explore and share, crafters can play and artists can grow!
Tags jewelry crafts