Teachers Hall Pass
Start the new school year off with this practical gift (and kid’s summer project), a hall pass made special because it was made with care.
Americana Gloss Enamels
DAG36 - True Blue
DAG67 - Black
DAG227 - Bright Yellow
DAG230 - Festive Green
DAG265 - Tuscan Red
DBL1000-B - Liner #0
DBR2004-B - Round #4
DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
Lo-temp glue gun
Hinged split metal ring
Six 8" lengths of 1/4" - 1/2" coordinating ribbons
Preparation: Remove all labels or tags from surfaces before painting.
1. Use flat brush and Bright Yellow to paint wood tag; let dry.
2. Use liner brush and True Blue to paint teacher's name on tag, beginning at upper left.
3. Use liner brush and Black to paint "HALL PASS" on lower area of tag.
4. Use round brush and Tuscan Red to paint apple in upper right area; let dry.
5. Use liner brush and Black to paint apple stem.
6. Use liner brush and Festive Green to paint leaves on stem; let dry.
7. Attach metal ring through hole of tag and close.
8. Seal ends of ribbon to prevent raveling by carefully singeing ends with lighter. Tie ribbon lengths around metal ring.
Adults should seal ribbon edges (see step 8) for children.
Katie is the writer and creator of View From The Fridge. She is also the mom to two adorable little boys (and another baby on the way), and wife to a great guy! She loves to craft, decorate, dream up projects for her home, and she’s learning to love to cook (though not there quite yet). She started View From The Fridge in the fall of 2013. Katie also enjoys coffee, a good glass of wine or beer (when she’s not expecting!), running, and anything outside. She lives in Minnesota and takes full advantage of the wonderful (but short) summer season outside with her family.