Springtime is the time for all the little creatures to come alive again. These crawlers are anything but creepy.
Aleene\'s® Original Tacky Glue™
Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint
Plastic bag (1-quart size)
Foil or foam plate for palette
1. Pour 1 cup of cornstarch with ½ cup of Original Tacky Glue™ into a quart-sized plastic baggie and knead until a stiff dough forms.
2. Pinch off amount of dough needed to create spiders, caterpillar, flies and ladybugs, and roll and knead and press together until desired shape is reached. Refer to photo.
3. Use pliers to cut length of wire needed to create legs and antennae on bugs then press into dough while still soft. Bend and shape wire then curl ends.
4. Place on wax paper and let dry overnight.
5. Paint bugs in desired Soft Fabric Paint colors. Refer to photo. Let dry.
This project was designed by Suzie Shinseki and is reprinted courtesy of ILoveToCreate.com.
Katie is the writer and creator of View From The Fridge. She is also the mom to two adorable little boys (and another baby on the way), and wife to a great guy! She loves to craft, decorate, dream up projects for her home, and she’s learning to love to cook (though not there quite yet). She started View From The Fridge in the fall of 2013. Katie also enjoys coffee, a good glass of wine or beer (when she’s not expecting!), running, and anything outside. She lives in Minnesota and takes full advantage of the wonderful (but short) summer season outside with her family.